The client provides provides a full range of high-quality payment handling solutions, aimed at the Retail, Vending, Gaming, Financial Services, and Transportation markets. The client is looking to hire a Business Development Manager.
• Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
• Identify specific market problems to solve that are urgent, pervasive, and that customers are willing to purchase.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Develop segmentation requirements and willingness to pay, resulting in strong product strategy with outstanding financial outcomes.
• Develop deep understanding of Client's products and services and translate this understanding into driving customer solutions for identified market problems
• Lead customer feedback/VoC activities and articulate market requirements to Product Owners and Engineering
• Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
• Prioritize, justify and manage customer-led product enhancements/investments
• Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on competition and how they are positioned.
• Document and maintain key competitor profiles.
• Collaborate with marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
• Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
• Work with senior leadership to align product plans with portfolio vision
• Strong executive communication skills; simplify the complex
• 10+ years of product and/or strategic marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
• Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
• Record of accomplishment of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
• Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
• Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is – or isn’t—working
• Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with target buyers and users.
• Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
• Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
• Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, and Salesforce.
• Global work experience and demonstrated success of operating in different cultures.
• Up to 50% travel, domestic and international