IT Compliance Consultant
The IT Compliance Consultant should be specialized in developing, administering and monitoring IT Governance, Risk, Control and Security. This position plans, organizes, and controls the organizations day-to-day requests related to
- Information security reviews
- Audits gaps closures
- Policy and procedures updates
- User access reviews & Data Governance
- Cloud security compliance
- IT Risk management
- Business continuity
The consultant should understand keystones of a complex environment supporting the entire Organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Implements security controls, risk assessment framework, and program that align to regulatory requirements, ensuring documented and sustainable compliance that aligns holding organization security requirements.
- Develop, update and review company policies in alignment to the holding company policies. Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Conduct periodic application compliance reviews for cloud security, user access, data governance, application security and provide recommendations.
- Evaluates risks and develops security standards, procedures, and controls to manage risks. Improves security positioning through process improvement, policy, automation, and the continuous evolution of capabilities.
- Implements processes, such as GRC (governance, risk and compliance), to automate and continuously monitor information security controls, exceptions, risks, testing. Develops reporting metrics, dashboards, and evidence artifacts.
- Defines and documents business process responsibilities and ownership of the controls in GRC tool. Schedules regular assessments and testing of effectiveness and efficiency of controls and creates GRC reports.
- Updates security controls and provides support to all stakeholders on security controls covering internal assessments, regulations, protecting Personally Identifying Information (PII) data, and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
- Performs and investigates internal and external information security risk and exceptions assessments.
- Documents and reports control failures and gaps to stakeholders. Provides remediation guidance and prepares management reports to track remediation activities.
- Assists other staff in the management and oversight of security program functions.
- Trains, guides, and acts as a resource on security assessment functions to other departments within the organization.
- Remains current on best practices and technological advancements and acts as the central technical resource for security assessment and regulatory compliance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Applicable information security management, governance, and compliance principles, practices, laws, rules and regulations;
- Information technology systems and processes, network infrastructure, data architecture, data processes, and protocols;
- Cyber and cloud security standard frameworks, architecture, design, operations, controls, technology, solutions, and service orchestration;
- Information systems auditing, monitoring, controlling, and assessment process;
- Incident response management;
- Risk assessment and management methodology.
- Data governance and privacy laws
- Developing and implementing enterprise governance, risk, and compliance strategy and solutions.
- Researching and locating information related to internal and external organizations using online and other sources.
- Security project management and planning.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
- Troubleshooting and operating a computer and various software packages.
- Defining problems, collecting and analyzing data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Using judgment and ingenuity in maintaining objectives and technical standards;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to diverse audiences, both in writing and verbally;
- Apply a risk-based approach to planning, executing, and reporting on audit engagements and auditing process;
- Evaluate and update and/or revise program materials.
- Learn quickly and apply knowledge to new situations;
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters, situations, and data;
- Understand and follow broad and complex instructions;
- Interact positively with staff, the Board, the public, and regulatory agencies in order to enhance effectiveness and to promote quality service;
- Comprehend technical language and to confer, analyze and write in an objective, lucid manner;
- Work independently and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to needed changes;
- Remain calm under high pressure/difficult situations.